As a business Cash@Maxx, have a legal obligation to avoid inadvertently buying stolen or fraudulently obtained goods from customers.
To help avoid this situation, we have employed at store level a strict implementation of our ID Policy, which is adhered to on every transaction (see links in the “sell to us” section). Consisting of, but not in its entirety, the following:
- Transactions may be covered by in-store CCTV.
- Customers must be at least 18yrs of age.
- We always take identification as per our ID policy displayed in store, and it will be entered into, and stored on our computer system.
- Customers Photographs will always be taken and stored in our computer system. Customers address will be taken and stored in our computer system.
- Wherever applicable and/or practical, products will be checked for serial numbers, and if found, will be recorded in our computer system along with a brief description of the goods.
- All goods, where required prior to selling, will be PAT tested.
- All goods, where applicable, will be mechanically tested.
- All stores will strive to maintain a good working relationship with the local police, and welcome their assistance in the business operation.